Wednesday 19 December 2012

The Now


Often when I go to visit my parents, my cousin and I have some pretty philosophical chats during our 4 hour car ride. Two things in particular stuck with me. One was,  life is a journey, not a destination. This nugget of goodness ties into my struggle of living in the now. Often I stress about things that have yet to happen and things that have already happened neglecting what I have in the moment. It's great to want things and to grieve losses in life but, what's right in front of us NOW is also important. 

Last night I was talking to Dave (check out my "did you hear about this post") We had a conversation about being in the now.Being in the now seems like such an ideal way to live. Not being able to achieve this was starting to annoy me. How do we achieve this state of being? How many people are successful at living this zen way of life? Dave, being successful at what he does teaches me that being in the now is great but we need to plan for the future. Well, successful people have a way of sitting on a big fat seat of credibility. I questioned my need for living in the now which brought me to this conclusion. Life requires balance. While living in the past is great because we learn from experience and the future is great for creating goals. Finding the now is important to appreciate what we have. I like to call it my spot check on life- Job (check) amazing family and friends (check) amazing boyfriend (check) a home, food, clothing, health..the list goes on really. Those moments when I stop, and realize what I have is living in the moment. I can't imagine being in life not having thoughts of my childhood where my parents cuddled me, loved me, went on trips, my heartbreaks, my accomplishments, nor can I imagine a life without my constant need to do better, be better. My dreamy state of being is what gets me through the day, there is so much to live for, but  what I have now is amazing. That to me is living in the now and enjoying my journey.

On another trip, before my cousin pulled into my driveway he said to me. You may think you are good at certain things and have the best intentions, but people will only know you for the things you do, the things they see. So I could know that I am so good at doing certain things, I can have the best intentions and love my family to death, but if my actions don't coincide with my words, well ....


 I hope somewhere along the way these thoughts help you to reflect on your own lives. I am not here to change the world, or become famous. If I can make a difference in just one life, I will be happy. Even if that life is mine. Please drop me a line at 2dash3creations@gmail.com I would love to hear from you.

Some people have commented,what's going on with you exercise...my answer is: 
Exercise is part of the blog but I didn’t want to focus only on exercise so I started writing about things that were on my mind.  Losing weight goes deeper than what I eat and what exercise I do. It's about a lifestyle, a way of thinking -- I thought I  would explore all aspects. My goal to be at my ideal weight by May 28th is still there. Please stay tuned, you won't be disappointed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment